We are receiving questions from our customers whether or not to wear a fask mask. Obviously, doctors, nurses and people who are taking care of infected patients need the professionals face masks more urgently. Do not purchase face masks in bulk for your own use. However, in order to protect yourself and others, we strongly advise to make your own face mask or purchase one that is re-usable. While wearing a mask, it is very important to not touch the front side of the mask.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: When and how to use mask.
- If you are healthy, you need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask);
TIME: Wearing face masks
“If you are standing in front of someone who is sick, the mask will give some protection,” Dr. Hui says. “The mask provides a barrier from respiratory droplets, which is predominantly how the virus spreads.
THE GUARDIAN: Can a face mask stop coronovirus
"Masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone.
If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on. If you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, or have been diagnosed, wearing a mask can also protect others."