For many women in Africa, the African print wax fabric headwrap is an essential and practical part of their daily outfit. A long piece of colourful cotton cloth is creatively tied to form a beautiful crown.
Growing up, we enjoyed watching our favourite singer Miriam Makeba wear beautiful headwraps during her live performance of songs like Baxabene Oxamu.
Recently we've seen Beyoncé wearing colourful headwraps in scenes of her Lemonade album. Award-winning actress Lupita Nyongo regulary wears colourful headwraps at multiple red carpet events.
There are numerous ways to tie a headwrap (sometimes also referred to as 'turban'). Here are some of our favourite tutorials we enjoyed learning from:
- Headwrap/Turban Tutorial - Brandi Lofton
- Easy Headwrap Turban Tutorial - BoldLookHeadwraps
- 4 Quick & EASY Headwrap/Turban Styles - Kilahmazing
- 4 Styles to Tie a Headwrap - Kiitana
- 6 Simple Ways to Style 1 Headwrap/Turban - GloryOkings
- 7 Ways to Tie a Headwrap - MariaAntoinetteTV
- 11 Ways to Tie a Turban Headwrap - JanaiKirsten
Discover our ROSE&ZACH Collection of colourful headwraps